Devon Energy Compressor Optimizer in Carlsbad, New Mexico
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The Compressor Optimizer will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the rental compression and VRU fleet and operations as well as providing technical support in the field. They will assist the production team anytime support is needed. The Compressor Optimizer will assist with sizing of the fleet, maintaining the highest runtime efficiency while controlling cost associated with rental and owned compression.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 5 years industry experience with a basic compression knowledge.
• Demonstrate safe and ethical behavior at all times.
• Has the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected.
• Promote a safe work environment and actively support and participate in the company’s EHS program.
• Become familiar with, understand and apply all of Devon’s Policies.
• Work with production staff to troubleshoot areas of concern.
• Have a strong knowledge of the compression industry.
• Understand compression sizing programs and performance runs.
• Monitor pressures, volumes, and overall system balances on a regular basis.
• Facilitate corrective tasks based on work order (including overseeing vendors performing work)
• Provide any equipment changes to Master Data Maintainer.
• Perform routine activities based on maintenance plans.
• Perform regulatory activities based on maintenance plans.
• Have an understanding of economic evaluations and indicators, and the effect on the area of responsibility.
• Maintain compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Maintain compliance, in conjunction with and through close coordination with EHS Department, for all regulatory, environmental, and safety issues.
• Perform Compressor handoff from construction to production.
• Ensure technical services group completes inspections as scheduled.
• Review & approve EHS & Regulatory documents before submission.
• A commitment to ethical behavior.
• Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills.
• A commitment to workplace safety and environmental stewardship.
• An ability to work within a team environment.
• Strong communication skills with a willingness and ability to verbally communicate up and down the organizational chart.
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills and proficient with spreadsheet software.
• Meet Devon Energy requirements to operate company vehicles and equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and adhere to Company policies.
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team atDiversity@dvn.com.